Technical Editor Minimum qualifications:
- Experience editing and managing customer-facing technical content for a developer audience.
- Experience with interpreting and enforcing an information architecture and content model.
Technical Editor Preferred qualifications:
- Experience with Git.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies.
- Proficiency with HTML and Markdown.
About the job
Technical writers communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon. As a technical writer, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing example code, or updating help center queries and FAQs. Technical writers play a big part at Google. They are a key link between engineers, marketing associates, developer advocates, as well as all the external users and developers, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the Google ecosystem.
As a technical editor on our team, you will edit tutorials, conceptual material, and architectural diagrams targeted at software developers and IT pros who want to use Google Cloud Platform. You also provide guidance to a team of professional technical writers who are creating Google Cloud Platform product docs, including giving input and direction on doc types, content model, style, terminology, and site design.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers & developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Support and guide a team of technical writers as they transition to new information architecture and content models.
- Edit docs for the organization, audience appropriateness, accuracy, clarity, completeness, and navigability.
- Enforce template, image, and terminology compliance for all docs.
- Enforce localization and accessibility guidelines compliance for all docs.
- Contribute to the Google Developer Docs style guide, word list, and other resources for writers.