Strategy Manager Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Mathematics, Physics) or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in a consulting, investment banking, and/or corporate strategy role at a media related company
- 2 years of experience in the music industry or music/subscription services
Strategy Manager Preferred qualifications:
- MBA or Master’s degree in related field
- Experience in consumer internet and media industries
- Experience communicating and influencing a range of audiences, including senior executives
- Experience with advertising and/or subscription-driven businesses
- Excellent business judgment, with financial modeling, spreadsheet software, databases, and presentation software skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analysis skills
About the job
YouTube Strategy, Business Operations & Analytics focuses on solving complex, ambiguous problems that span early stage growth initiatives, investing in large product or business areas, making important operational or organizational changes, and assessing strategic rationale for YouTube external investment opportunities.
As a Strategy Manager for YouTube, you’ll move our team’s initiatives forward, developing answers for YouTube’s strategic and operational priorities for the music vertical. You will manage projects commissioned by the leadership at YouTube, and be an integral part of the Strategy team investing to further build the Strategy community.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Work on the priorities of YouTube’s executives and, as part of the Strategy team, determine approaches to solving the company’s opportunities and difficulties in the music vertical and music-related products.
- Prepare presentations and communicate findings to YouTube’s executives and the broader organization.
- Work with cross-functional teams to align on recommendations, financial and headcount investment needs, launch plans, and enabling and transitioning owners.
- Structure, launch, and manage workstreams by developing hypotheses, translating these hypotheses into work plans, conducting analysis, querying data, analyzing market/competitive trends, and evaluating business drivers and operating metrics.