Strategy and Operations Manager Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in management consulting or corporate strategy.
Strategy and Operations Manager Preferred qualifications:
- Experience partnering with multiple stakeholders, including senior executives, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and action plans.
- Ability to successfully coordinate with global cross-functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with minimal guidance.
- Ability to drive consensus across teams and influence decision making.
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As a Strategy and Operations Manager, you will help the Global Scaled Operations (GSO) Trust and Safety team to grow and operate effectively. You will establish and lead operating processes to effectively manage the YouTube Trust and Safety review function under GSO. You will work closely with GSO Trust and Safety leadership across functions and teams to provide a consistent strategic narrative across initiatives. You’ll provide a sounding board to the leadership team and ensure communication is effective and cascaded to the broader organization, including cross-functional groups.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Identify and structure strategic projects to solve for difficult business issues by working with stakeholders across the organization, managing communications, and overseeing milestones and timelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders on annual business planning, resource allocation, and other strategic projects.
- Synthesize analysis to deliver compelling, insightful, data-driven recommendations to leadership.
- Work closely with the Director for Global Scaled Operations Trust and Safety in defining strategic and operational priorities across the team.
- Coordinate with teams to communicate priorities and plans.