Senior International Tax Analyst Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent practical experience.
- CPA or similar professional designation.
- 4 years of international corporate tax experience with an accounting firm, law firm, or multinational organization.
Senior International Tax Analyst Preferred qualifications:
- Experience modeling potential impacts of tax transactions and their effects on the global effective tax rate.
- Knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax matters, U.S. international tax attributes, and current U.S. international tax legislation.
- Ability to comfortably work with technology, including data analytics, spreadsheets, presentations, text editing and enterprise resource planning software.
- Ability to take initiative and maintain a continuous improvement mindset with regard to tax processes, internal controls and implementation of best practices.
- Ability to network and develop relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent project management, quantitative analysis, tax research and communication skills.
About the job
Google’s in-house tax team knows all things corporate tax. Made up of smart, perceptive Googlers with a flair for domestic, international and sales & use tax, the knowledge and expertise of this team runs deep. You have years of experience in this field and an extensive knowledge of those tax issues most relevant to internet companies. While we don’t give our Googlers individual tax advice, you make it easy for Googlers to get what they need to make good tax decisions. You find ways to work smarter by streamlining and automating our tax processes and systems, and find ways to be both innovative and compliant.
International Tax Operations (ITOPs) is a key provider of deliverables across the tax cycle, including critical tax provision calculations, support and analysis for U.S. tax controversy, management of complex intercompany transactions, quantitative support and technical analysis for tax planning projects, as well as US international tax compliance. ITOPs is also involved in other major finance and treasury initiatives such as M&A due diligence, ERP implementation, in-house bank operations and currency hedging.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Manage multiple work-streams and collaborate with tax colleagues, internal business partners, and external advisors.
- Assist with intercompany pricing computations, legal entity forecasts, and transaction models.
- Prepare and review international tax compliance forms, as well as related statements, elections, and supporting documentation.
- Calculate international tax attributes and positions during the quarterly tax provision process, including Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, BEAT, foreign tax credits, and FIN 48.
- Assist with tax audits by gathering information, preparing draft responses, and documenting conclusions.