Cloud Architect Manager Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in technical consulting and/or project/program management in corporate IT, professional IT services, or product development.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, Go, C++, or similar programming languages.
Cloud Architect Manager Preferred qualifications:
- Experience in leading IT implementations, IT support, deployments, and/or business development activities.
- Experience with relevant technologies like Big Data and DevOps. Demonstrated experience in scalable application development.
- Demonstrated record in implementing large-scale cloud or software projects in corporate environments
- Excellent organizational, analytical and influencing skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
The Google Cloud Professional Services team is responsible for effectively introducing Google’s clients to Google Cloud Platform and to Google Workspace, and assisting them from inception to production. We solve challenging and complex technical problems – from infrastructure migration to network optimization, to security best practices, and much more. We also work closely with product engineering and support staff to lead Google’s client’s deployments, implementations, and the integration of custom features.
As a Cloud Architect Manager, you will lead the Technical team, an integral part of the broader Professional Services team, working closely with regional leads to accommodate the demand for skills, to provide technical leadership across the region, and to mentor a growing team of deployment engineers.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Manage and grow a team of architects and engineers.
- Consult with customers on technical issues based on in-depth product and technical knowledge.
- Develop technical tools and assets. Document reproducible solutions for customers and partners.
- Provide highly technical implementation support in customer environments, including guidance on implementation feasibility of cross-product integrations.
- Work non-standard hours as needed.