- Currently pursuing a PhD in a quantitative discipline (e.g Statistics, Biostats, Mathematics, Economics) or related field involving experimental design and analysis of data.
- Experience in R or Python. Experience using technology to work with datasets, such as statistical software.
- Experience with statistical methods such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic processes, and sampling methods.
- Track record of developing intellectual capital such as published works.
- Basic familiarity with SQL.
- Effective analytical and technical skills.
- Returning to a degree program after the internship ends.
About the job
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications, and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
Google’s statisticians and data scientists/quantitative analysts work within our Software Engineering organization, including Life Sciences, Geo, Machine Learning, Technical Infrastructure, Search, YouTube and Advertising. We analyze huge sets of data and continually run live experiments in order to help drive critical decisions at Google. We support the development of innovative, highly scalable, next-generation technologies through deep research and advanced analysis.
- Work with large, complex data sets on open ended problems, using analytical methods. Conduct end to end analysis from processing data, building models, running experiments, to making recommendations and presenting results.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams. Work closely with engineers to identify opportunities for, design, and assess improvements to Google products.
- Provide research on topics including Google’s business model and novel search techniques.
- Produce quantitative and qualitative modeling of business dynamics, user behavior, etc.